Heywire want community organisations to apply for seed funding of up to $10,000 to implement the Heywire project idea of their choice.
Seven brilliant ideas to improve life for regional Australians, now it's your turn to adopt one of the ideas and adapt it to your community.
In an exciting new initiative, Heywire and the Foundation for Rural and Regional Renewal have partnered to create grant program to support communities that want to adopt one of the ideas and make it a reality.
Community organisations can apply for seed funding of up to $10,000 to implement the Heywire project idea of their choice.
Could your community benefit from one of these ideas?
In short, the ideas are:
- Consumers Caring for Our Farmers Future; valuing our food producers by displaying farm gate prices.
- Fresh Face Friday; a day without make-up to tackle body image.
- The Green Room; school workshops to break the silence around mental health.
- Keys Please; a fresh campaign to tackle drink driving.
- Getting the Balance Right; a day for positive representation of youth in the media.
- Cutting the Red Tape; fostering youth ideas in regional towns.
- Breaking Down the Door day; events to end LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender) discrimination.
The group of young people that developed "Consumers Caring for Our Farmers Future" are all daughters of primary producers. Their experience of hardship on the land helped them come up with a unique way of connecting consumers and farmers.
For more information about how to apply for a grant to implement this, or any of the other Heywire ideas check out the [Guidelines and Application Form] or contact FRRR on 1800 170 020
If you are aged 16-22 and live in regional Australia, you could be part of the next Heywire Regional Youth Summit in Canberra, February 2014. Simply tell your story and upload it to Heywire for your chance to win an all expenses paid trip to the Summit.